Getting Your Laser Printer to Stop Streaking
Learn how to get your laser printer to stop streaking and provide a flawless printout. You can take a few steps to troubleshoot in order to get a quality printout.
The first step is to check your printer settings to make sure the paper is correctly aligned. Sometimes, improper paper alignment can cause streaks on a printout. This task is performed by accessing the printer devices on your computer. Next, select the printer, and run a test to realign the paper. If this does not work and the printouts continue to streak, continue to troubleshoot.
The next step is to run a test on the laser printer to realign the ink cartridges and to clean the printer heads. This is performed on the printer itself. Go to printer options, and select the options that realign the printer and clean the printers heads. Once the printer heads are realigned and cleaned, then you can run a test page to check for streaks. If the printer continues to run streaks after completing these steps of troubleshooting, then contact a professional to service the printer.
Getting your printer to stop streaking is resolved by trying all the steps mentioned, but if problems persist, a professional can service your printer and get your printer back in tip-top shape to print without streaks.
Featured Blog Posts
- Top Rated Commercial Laser Printers
- Printing Photos v. Having Them Developed
- Laser Printers in 2012: What to Expect
- History of Laserjet Printers
- Laser Printers and Health: What You Should Know
- Where to Find the Cheapest Printer Cartridges
- Make Unique Greeting Cards With Your Laser Printer
- Printers With Highest Pages Printed Per Cartridge